CERT RESUME BUILDERS
Organizational Documentation Coordinator
• Document the way we do what we do, including policies,
procedures, standard operational procedures, bylaws, etc.
• Great position for someone who wants to exercise a little
• Work with various officers and coordinators
• Develop partially complete existing material and new material
• Coordinate and manage material in an organized fashion.
• Skills: Word processing, writing, organizing, thinking up ways to
do things, documenting procedures, learning, follow‐through.
• Requires attendance at most SC meetings and participation in a
variety of activities would be valuable, as this job can’t be done
on your own.
• Reports to: President, for now
Public Relations Coordinator
• Draft press releases for Program Manager’s approval, look
for opportunities to publicize what CERT does, interview
CERT members to collect info on past activities, help draft
PR materials; help get materials out on our web site.
• Work with Program Manager and event organizers
• Skills/Attributes: Writing, curiosity about CERT, creativity in
thinking up ways to promote CERT, follow‐through. This is a
good position for someone who wants to get involved and
also get some experience in public relations and media.
• Development: help photograph and videotape events.
• The ability to collect photos and send them to our web site
photo person would be nice!
• Reports to: President and Program Manager
• Maintain inventory on a spreadsheet in GoogleDocs; track
who has what equipment and supplies; attempt follow‐up
after events to make sure stuff gets back to where it’s
supposed to be.
• Skills: Microsoft Excel, GoogleDocs, good communications
(email, phone), persistence and thoroughness, followthrough.
• Note: need not attend events nor take physical charge of
equipment and supplies, just persevere in tracking it down
after events and making members say what they have.
• Reports to: Administrative Manager; works with Logistics
• Receive emails form CERT Basic registrants via
• Enter information onto GoogleDocs as approved
• Email form letters (as approved by Training Coordinator et.
al.) to registrants immediately, to acknowledge receipt of
their initial email; shortly before each class with location
information, request for confirmation, etc.
• Reports to: Training Coordinator. Info link to CERT Program
• Serve as overall content manager for the CERT web site
• Review site frequently for usability outages, etc., and
troubleshoot until it works again
• Ongoing responsibility for managing “page owners”
• Generate and solicit new content
• Maintain currency of content and keep it interesting
• Provide overall continuity from page to page
• Provide or arrange for copy editing of web site
• Communicate needs for structural changes in the web site to
the Joomla programmers
• Manage photo manager, ensure photos are getting loaded up
• Coordinate with Facebook page updaters
• Reports to: IT manager
• Serve on Coordinate Steering Committee meetings: send
notices to CERT membership announcing meetings; request
agenda items; organize agenda; take notes and write a
simple report for publication on the web site and forward
to President/VP for approval.
• Ensure HR coordinator maintains current membership info
• Ensure accountability for tracking hours of CERT personnel
during deployment and other
• Skills: emailing, organizing, communicating, initiative,
attendance at most SC meetings is key.
• Reports to: President/VP
CERT Conference Staff
• Lots of people needed to help out on this project
• Many types of activities, many skills needed, various time