Arrrrrgh You Ready??
Hello Mateys… Thanks for stopping by Montgomery County CERT, the Community Emergency Response Team. Our CERT ‘Pirates of Preparedness’ help you “get ready” for hazards and such like that might be hitting our families and our neighborhoods.
Now here be a refresher on Pirate Plan 9 ... the nine things ye need in your treasure chest should a storm blow up or some nasty disaster strikes:
1. Water…a gallon per pirate per day for 3 days… and don’t ferget some for ye pets and parrots!
2. Food...grub... eats... things that will last (cans and such like). Plus something for the furry and feathered ones.
3. Clothes…ye wouldn’t want to be a naked Pirate now would ye? Footwear and clean socks are a good thing, too! (Don’t ferget an extra eye patch!)
4. Medicine. Three days worth of what ye need. We don’t need sick pirates in a storm!
5. Flashlight and extra batteries… so ye can see what the other Pirates are up to!
6. A can opener…unless ye have real strong teeth!
7. A battery-powered radio with extra batteries…so ye can find out what’s going on.
8. Yer hygiene items ye might need on the poop deck.... even though we Pirates don’t like soap, it’s a good idea to have some!
9. First aid stuff... bandaids and non-prescription medicines… in case ye are wounded. Keep yer stuff in a secure place, and check yer supplies every month… Remember: a prepared Pirate is a happy pirate!